Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sashiko Husseif

On Stitchmap we recently had a challenge to make something with a Sashiko pattern on it.  Sashiko is a repetitive design originating in Japan.  Here is the site where I got the designs for my Hussif:  http://embroidery.about.com/od/Embroidery-Patterns-Projects/tp/Sashiko-Patterns-And-Information.htm  There is also information on how to stitch Sashiko patterns.  I chose different patterns for the front, back and spine.  Here are some pictures of my Hussif:





I originally designed it to have a lot more pages, but discovered it was too bulky so eliminated some.  I still made the pages so I guess it is time to make a cover for it and use it for special purposes.  The next picture is just a pocket for more supplies.  I got these pockets from my sister who thought I might be able to make something from them.  I think they originally contained underwear.  lol!




The middle picture is a couple of pages for beading supplies: nymo thread, beading needles, and beads. and the last picture is a pocket for tatting supplies containing some lovely shuttles that were custom made for me out of my own photographs.  (http://www.etsy.com/shop/LaCossette?ref=seller_info)

13 comments:

gardensprite said...

Wow o Wow - what an incredibly beautiful but useful Husseif. I congratulate you on your creativity!

Gerry Krueger said...

I love your book and the repetitive designs are lovely...like all you do.. Hugs Gerry

Hideko Ishida said...

I love your sashiko husseif!! It's beautiful and useful!

Suztats said...

Beautiful work, Connie! That's a fabulous hussif.

Shawkl said...

Beautiful Connie! I saw the cover photos on StitchMAP, and am now glad to see the inside too!
Hugs!
Kathy

Cynthia said...

ROFL - I accidentally commented on your snowball post ins. tead of this one. Anyway, I love this

Laurie said...

What a handy tool -- and it looks like you enjoyed making it!

NickiLee said...

WOW! is right - I love what you've created here - beautifully done!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Connie, this is fabulous! I love the idea of designing a bag like this customized for your specific needs. It is lovely and functional.

Renee said...

I love the book and truly enjoy following your posts! I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Have fun with it!
http://monkeyandmutt.blogspot.com/search/label/Awards
Hugs,
Renee

FredaB said...

Connie you did a great job on this hussif. The sashiko stitching is so perfect.

Hugs

FredaB

Sew so crazy! said...

Wow, this looks like a very handy little thing to have!

Debbie S. said...

Such a wonderful design Connie. I love all the details in your stitching book.